Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ready for some sun! Thank you Diane and Firmoo!

Free! Free! Free!!!

You read that right, I got these gorgeous sunglasses for FREE from Firmoo.


SIDE NOTE: I felt really silly while I was taking photos for this post because I'm not one who likes having my photo taken, but I promised Diane so... :)


I was first introduced to Firmoo, the online optical store, when I first read about them from Diane's blog. Diane also mentioned on a later post that the first pair of glasses you order fromm Firmoo is free!
And last December, Diane hosted a giveaway for $20 gift certificates from Firmoo and I was picked as one of the winners, yey!!

I signed up to Firmoo's site and found out that before I could use the $20 gift certificate I got from Diane, I needed to use the first-pair-free discount code first, since that was my first purchase. I picked these yellow sunnies. What can I say, I love color! I tried to use Diane's gift certificate on a second pair I picked (black rimmed prescription glasses) but the store only allows one discount code to be used per purchase so I cancelled the second pair and checked out with just the free pair. If I wanted to use the $20 gift certificate I won, I needed to make a separate transaction and pay shipping fee again for this second transaction. Only the glasses was free (frame + lens). I had to pay for shipping. I could have tried contacting Firmoo to ask if I could combine 2 free purchases into one shipping fee, but I was on vacation at the time and the gift certificate I won will expire before Christmas and I didn't have much time, so I let it go. Getting one free pair was still a very good deal!

I had to pay for shipping which is around P800+ (approx $20) to Manila, Philippines. Still not bad considering the sunglasses I picked was priced at $44.90.

After my payment was confirmed, it took about 2 weeks for my sunglasses to arrive. During those 2 weeks, Firmoo was sending email updates about the status of my purchase. Plus points for that feature! The glasses arrived in perfect condition: packaged properly, no damage, scratches, etc. The sunglasses came with a hard case, a cloth pouch, a cleaning cloth, a small screw driver and extra screws. More plus points for that! I use prescription glasses and if you have been a regular user of glasses, you know how valuable small screwdrivers and extra screws are.

Overall, I am happy with the transaction and am looking forward to shopping for another pair from Firmoo soon!

3 comments:

Divya said...

not bad..they asked me to contact them for free glass last year and then it kept coming back with an error..so I figured it to be spam

Diane Writes said...

Ang ganda mo kaya!!! Pati nung shades!!! Sophisticated and elegant ang peg ng lola (seryoso!)

Thank you Janelle. Enjoy the rest of the week!

PS at tama ang kulay na pinili mo hello color of the year :)

PC said...

Wow! That glasses make you looks so HOT!