Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Positive Thoughts for 2013

Elements from Immensite kit by Bee Creations
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson - 

The arrival of the new year has never been more overwhelming for me as this year. Some decisions were made late last year which will alter the course of my life in the next few months. The path in front of me is not clear... but I am looking forward to all the possibilities that are now open to me. I can't wait to start exploring them!

So how was the start of the new year for you? I can only say one thing... I.AM.TIRED! We got back from vacation a few days ago... stayed up until 3AM on New Year's Eve.. or rather "New Year's Day" because 3AM was already January 1 (New Year's Eve being bigger here than New Year's Day), attended a get-together with family until late evening on New Year's Day, and back to work on January 2. YEY! Andrea and hubby get an extra day off... they don't have to go back to school and work on January 3... lucky ducks!

For 2013, I want to focus on the positive (haven't I always though?). In spite of all the uncertainties I am feeling right now, I take comfort in the God's promise that:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
 - Deutoronomy 31:6 -

I didn't make any resolutions last year because I have some left over from 2011 that were unfulfilled... and what do you know? They are still unfulfilled!! Aarrrggh! Why is it so hard to go to my doctor to get a flu shot??? (Because I'm lazy...). And why did I gain back all the weight I lost this year??? (Stress eating much?). I actually lost weight by the time June rolled in but I gained it all back by December that now I am back where I started last December. And the clutter... still there! So this year... no new resolutions until I get all the stuff I said I will do back in 2011 done (plus a few other things of course).

2012 was a great year though, and I think I accomplished so much!
  1.  I started digiscrapping and in spite of being a beginner, was accepted in several talented designers' Creative Teams! 
  2. My layouts have won challenges and received "Layout of the Day" or "Layout of the Week" recognition in several digital scrapbooking stores. Again, not bad for a beginner.
  3. Related to Items 1 and 2, my Photoshop skills have improved. I now know how to add shadows and use a multitude of other available tools to improve the quality of my layouts. Oh... and I learned what "gamut" means ;)
  4. I was able to follow a pattern and finished a piece of clothing by crochet! Granted, the clothing was for a doll, but still... I actually have one in the works for Andrea. Photos soon when finished. 
  5. I made 363 posts for the year! That's almost all my posts from 2008-2011 combined!

I can't wait to see that 2013 will bring. With this, I am wishing you, my blog friends and visitors, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Diane Writes said...

You have accomplished a lot in 2012 Janelle. Yung 300 plus plus posts pa lang eh, winnur ka na! Kabaughera ahaha

I'm happy because you have diversified your interests in arts and crafts. Sabi mo nun sa akin sa Fully Booked, hindi ka magaling mag-drawing, pero naman. Your digital scrapbooking skills is superb, and gaya ng sabi mo for a beginner, sobrang galin mo.

We have our own crosses to carry in 2013. My wish for you, for your wishes to be fulfilled, more recognitions in your new venture and more happy moments with Andrea.

Happy 2013!

PS Yung font na ginamit ko sa pic ko is "A little pot" ang name. na download ko din sha for free sa 'net.