Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A wonderful surprise... or surprises

So we went on vacation during the Holy Week and Wi-fi at the hotel we stayed in wasn't so good (I was NOT able to connect at all during the 3 days we were there, though my brother was able to... once). I was checking my email yesterday when I saw a private message left for me at Coolscrapsdigital...

I won the Color Challenge for March 2012! for my "Beautiful Day" layout!! And by one vote! Thank you so much to the CSD ladies who voted for me!! :) I now have another $5 gift certificate from the CSD store.

Remember the list I made of the kits I love over at CSD? I can use my gift certificate to get one of them! So psyched!






So I was still riding high on that news yesterday when I came in this morning. I posted a couple of layouts on my galleries yesterday and today, I saw another surprise waiting for me in my inbox. My "Once a Ballerina" layout was chosen as Layout of the Day over at Scrappity-Doo-Dah









And this one I just saw now... like just right now, while I was browsing for new challenges for the month of April. My layout, Travel Hopefully, was selected as one of the Great Stand Outs for March 20 - 31 over at Coolscrapsdigital. I guess I missed the notification message for this.

I think I found my alternative career. If ever I do decide to leave the corporate world, I will work full time as CT for more designers. Yeah... we can dream :)




On another note, I applied as CT for another designer, Sunny Day Scraps. I thought long and hard about applying for a position on another designer's CT since I work full-time in my real job, I'm already part of 2 CTs for 2 designers, I still like making layouts from other kits and participating on forum challenges, I want to craft again, yadayadayada... anyway, addiction took over and I started poring over CT calls on forums to see which designer I can apply to. I love the kits from Sunny Day Scraps so I applied... and got accepted :) I haven't had a chance to work on any layouts for her yet but I can not wait!

1 comment:

Diane Writes said...

More than a new employment alternative, I think you can turn your new passion as a business opportunity. With your talent and the sets you earned, tatakbo na yan :D You can start a business