Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surprise!

I was a little busy at work yesterday, sitting behind my desk typing away, when our guard approached me and asked me to sign for a package.

"What package???" I wasn't expecting anything to arrive yesterday and when I checked who it was from, I saw that it was from Dianne of Dianne Writes!

Dianne is a blogger and she is also from the Philippines, like me. I met her through this blog. I have been following her blog for a while now and what I love most about it is how she makes others see the beauty of our country through her eyes. I have lived here all my life and I guess I take a lot of the things around me for granted but reading about her posts about the mall, the beach, and other places makes me realize that I really should open my eyes and look around to see the beauty around me everytime I go out.  And she takes nice pictures!

A couple of months ago, she expressed interest in the bird's nest necklace I practiced on made for me. She asked if I can make one for her and that she will buy it but since I really like her, I told her I will just give it to her as a gift. I mailed the necklace to her a few weeks ago (yes... it took me that long to finish it and mail it to her... my bad) and I was happy to know she liked it :)

When I opened my package, I saw this:

She sent me some fabric with a hand written note. Thank you so much  Dianne! I love the fabric (and Andrea does too... of course! She was using the fabric as a cape while playing after I showed it to her last night), but I appreciate the handwritten note more. Here's a little something about me you don't know: I have kept ALL handwritten notes ever given to me ever since I was... Hmmm... 10? 12 years old? Yep, I have a whole bunch of them, some from people I don't remember anymore. I just can't throw them away. And I read them from time to time.

About the fabric, I'm already thinking of a project for it. I want it to be something Andrea can use and keep for a long time so we will always be reminded that kindness can be found when and where you least expect it. I can't wait to use it!

3 comments:

PC said...

A lovely gift for a sweet deed!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Tremendous!

I love surprises, too, and handwritten notes are treasures. I tape them inside my journal pages or file them in the folder marked "Blessings." I love to go back and read them!

Diane Writes said...

Janelle! First time na may gumawa ng blog entry for me. Super saya! I am equally happy at salamat din dahil nagustuhan ni Andrea. I'm looking forward for that project and I will never get tired of reading your posts and supporting your great talent!