Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Photos - My Forgotten Project

Two years ago, around January of 2009, I planned on compiling some of my husband's photos into a photo book and give it to him as a gift. I compiled 2 sets for 2 photo books: one I laid out like a digital scrap book containing our  photos from all the trips we took since we got together, and the other was a compilation of his photos. It was the first time I will be ordering a photo book and I wanted to see what it looks like so I decided to order one book first. Since Valentine's Day was coming up that time, I decided on the more sappy one, you know, the one with all our photos together (hehe) and then give it to him as a gift (I'm the one who wanted that photo book...  So in the end I got what I want, AND I had a gift ready for him... I win! I win!).

The book arrived a few days before Valentine's day and I loved it!
However, that was also around the same time we found out that I was already pregnant with Andrea. With all the excitement and preparation for the baby, I totally forgot about the other photo book.

And then yesterday, I was transferring my files from my old desktop to my laptop when I saw a folder marked "Photobook". Inside were my husband's photos which I prepared for the second photo book! I have forgotten that he is actually good at taking photos. Since Andrea arrived, our photo subject is mostly a small moving object that tries to grab the camera when she sees it pointed at her.  

I will still get that second photo book printed (and maybe give it to him for our wedding anniversary). But for now, every Friday, I will be posting some of his, and maybe some of my, photos here, with a little story behind them.  I'm calling it my Friday Photos series.


For now I give you this:

This was taken on the plane our way home from Boracay, where we spent our honeymoon after our wedding. I saw the light shining behind the wing of the plane from the window and tried to take a photo. I wasn't successful. I couldn't capture the light properly. I tried several times until hubby asked me what I was doing and when I told him, he adjusted the camera settings and took a shot. He got it!

3 comments:

PC said...

Luckily your hubby help you to reset the camera..or we will miss how beautiful it was the sky on your sweet honeymoon trip! The photo is really spectacular!

Diane Writes said...

Hello Janelle! Natutuwa din ako sa maga digital album, konting creativity pa feeling ko story book na sha. And btw I haven't been to Boracay, it's one of my dream destination.. sna someday! Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Ne-ver been to Boracay... and am now even more jealous of anyone who has!