Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shirt Refashion - Another Layered Look

It's been a while since I refashioned something. I've been busy (hence, the lack of posts). But my to-do pile is mounting so last week, I decided to squeeze in a little project in between work and you know... life in general.

I've had this top for a while. I love the fabric, but the style is a little old fashion so it's a little short. I love how tops and blouses have gotten longer recently. 

I wanted to add length to this shirt but I don't have fabric to match. I also wanted to remove the collar.

This is what I came up with:
I used an old magenta knit shirt as extra fabric to patch up the neckline after I cut off the collar. And I also added some fabric to the bottom of the shirt to make it longer.

From the photo, the 'Before' actually doesn't look that bad... but I definitely like my 'After' much better.

Sorry I haven't been able to prepare a tutorial for this. I took pictures and maybe I'll post it sometime this week but truth is, I'm rushing to finish this post. The past 2 months has been stressful and I haven't been getting much sleep since... hmmm... 2009??? 

4 comments:

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

Good idea for a refashion! I did it once but only with the collar.

Diane Writes said...

Hello again Janelle! I agree, uso nga ngayon ang long shirts and blouses, which I like. Long blouses can shirts can hide my bulgy and belly and I believe it makes me look taller.

I love the refashioned top. Unique and mas versatile, can be paired with slacks or jeans. Ang galing! :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Very colorful blast you added there. Love the results!

SkillciaX said...

I actually like the before picture.... the bold pink draws too much attention. perhaps a pop of pink under the button down?