Monday, May 30, 2011

Still here...

... and still project-less :( I finished a refashioned blouse for my niece last week when she and her mom visited us at our house last week. But they went home with the top before I had a chance to take pictures! I made it from an old toddler long-sleeved shirt and my mom's old pajamas. Next week, when I visit them, I will demand for a photo shoot. It was the only project I finished last week. 

We were hit by a storm last week and that is not news when you live in the Philippines and monsoon season starts. It doesn't get so bad where I live but I saw on the news that some areas in Manila were flooded. The thing about me... I get lazy when it's raining. It's like I can't get anything started because... well... it's raining. Do you get like that??? I wanted to get some decorating done because since I put away my Easter decor, my tables and vignettes have become junk piles. 

But hey! I started work on a few things... 'started' being the operative word.

No... I don't drink much, but I did find these 2 empty bottles in one of our kitchen cabinets. I think these were from my husband's early 20's days. Isn't it great how he keeps junk stuff like these for years? You should see the closet in our guest bedroom! Or wait... rather... you should NEVER see it. Anyway, these 2 will be on my living room vignette... when I finish them.

I'm into bottles and jars recently. This one is pretty small... only about 1.5 inches high. I found it in my beading supplies drawer 2 weeks ago. My project using this bottle is almost finished so maybe I will be posting about it this week.

3 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Hello Janelle! I also get lazy during the rainy season. The perfect bed weather as they say. :) I would love to see what you will be doing with the small bottle. I've seen some of my friends in the blogosphere who turned them into necklaces and bag charms. Can't wait to see your version of creativity. :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

*yawn* It's 7 am Memorial Day here in Connecticut (AND my 30th wedding anniversary) and instead of being a lovely day for Hot Lips to golf with his brothers, it just started pouring. Weather like this makes me sleepy, sleeepy, sleeeepy, too.

Jill said...

Just stopped by to let you know I featured your pleated tie necklace on my post today.

Thanks so much for linking to the clothes upcycling projects!

Hope you have a lovely day!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/