Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tales of the Bored - Day 2

The Quest to become the most boring person within my zip code… in 32 days or less!

May 31, 2009 (Sunday)

I woke to the sound of my phone beeping. I had 2 messages. One from sister sending a photo of my niece, Helaena (she really is turning out so cute!) and one from my mom asking me if we were going to church. I reminded her that I was ordered to go on bed rest so no.

My housekeeper was out for most of the day so I had to prepare my own breakfast. The bleeding stopped so I felt well enough to go downstairs and eat. After eating, I took the medicine I was prescribed yesterday. The resident warned me that heart palpitation is a possible side effect of the drug. I wasn’t told that it would make you very, very, very sleepy as well. The kind that you couldn’t fight. So I spent the morning knocked out. I was supposed to take the medicine 3 times a day so I took another one early in the afternoon. This time, the side effect wasn’t so bad, I just felt very tired but I was able to spend time watching TV with my husband.

I asked him if he wanted to go to the mall alone to get those mud guards he wanted for his bike. No sense for both of us to go out of our minds with boredom. I was hoping he would go because I wanted him to get a few things for me, but he told me he wasn’t in the mood to go to the mall. I guess he didn’t want to leave me alone until the housekeeper returns from her day off.

No comments: